Monday, March 29, 2010

Big Step

Today was a big step forward. I got up this morning excited to run but still wanted to remain cautious that I wouldn't over do it. I went around the block and felt good. I would have loved to keep going but I could feel the balls of my feet increasing in sensitivity as I neared the end of my loop. I wasn't sure if it was the road wearing on my feet or the fact that the street was about 30 degrees F and my feet were getting cold. Through the day I had a lot of energy and really wanted to get back out and run when I was done with class. When I got home it was still unseasonably warm for March in northern MN (high 60s F) and I decided to head out for a short one. I was halfway around the block and felt amazing so I went past the turn home and extended my jog to a distance of about two times as far as the loop I had been doing around the block. It was so fun and easy! As I neared home, my arches began to tire but the soles of my feet felt surprisingly good.

Yay for progress - whoohoo!

After the jog I went out with my bike (with cycle computer) to check the distances I've been running. I'm not at all focusing on speed or distances for these runs but I was curious to see where I am at. The short loop around the block is .5 miles and the longer loop I did today was 1 mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment