Saturday, March 27, 2010

Making Some Progress

The temp was up a little higher yesterday around 50 F so I figured I would venture outside. I was able to make it all the way around the block without shoes. I think when I ran last time my feet were extra sensitive because it had just rained outside and the moisture made my soles even more sensitive. The jog felt great. I was very light on my feet - you have to be without footwear. By midway around the block my soles were starting to burn but not alarmingly. I made it home just fine but I wanted to keep running. It was so fun just cruising along but my soles were really burning at that point so I knew it was enough for that day. 

I had a nice long sleep this morning and woke up with lots of energy. I thought starting the day with a little run would feel great. Wow, I made it about twenty steps out the front door and turned around; the bottom of my feet were on fire! I guess the 18 hours since my last run wasn't enough to allow my feet to recover. I hope they're ready for a run tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment